Wednesday 26 February 2014

Grandma and Me: Aprons

My granddaughters are pretty special to me. I have three living near by, one is a baby still but the other two spend alternate weekends with me so we can have special time together, one on one. One of the things we began this month was the "Grandma & me Farmgirls at Heart" club.

I usually wear an apron doing things around the farm. Yes even sewing to keep things neat and clean. It has rubbed off on the granddaughters and they like wearing aprons as well. So out of fabric in my studio I designed these little aprons.

I asked each girl to draw a picture of them and me. Then I embroidered the pictures on scrap broadcloth and blanket stitched by machine onto the apron.

They are now working on merit badges. The 6 year old has three of the five buttons she has chosen sewn on her first badge.
The four year old has accomplished her first badge of making playdough from flour, water and oil. I have to make the badge still and attach it.

It makes it fun to do something special just the"Grandma and me".

No comments:

Post a Comment