Monday 10 February 2014

Victorian Shirtwaist in Creme

This shirtwaist I made in the fall from fabric I bought on holidays on Prince Edward Island. I was told I "had" to go to the fabric shop by Summerside. My Dearest was not too pleased about the wait as it was past his lunch time. Feeling compelled to be quick was so hard with so many choices. I wish I could remember the name of the shop but the fabrics were wonderful. I bought two lenghts of this fabric for this very blouse.
I tea stained Swiss lace and made it part of the yoke. I used twin needles to do the in-between fancy lines.
It turned out perfect and fits wonderfully. I usually wear it tucked in. The waist sash which it sewn at the back and ties to the front gives it "poof". I feel very elegant wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment